NewsGirl

I've been a Newsboys fan for almost 20 years now, which is to say way before they were big-time.

Proof: The first time I saw them in concert, it was in the gym of a local middle school. And I seem to remember the evening was free.

No matter. I was immediately hooked. (Who can resist a spinning drummer and a lead singer who will let my best male friend get up on stage and show off his dance moves?) I bought a t-shirt (in XXL, of course, because it was 1992), a tape of "Boyz Will Be Boyz" and "Hell Is For Wimps" and I've loved their music ever since.

Which is why, when I caught a glimpse of Teyla this morning, with her long curls hanging haphazardly around her face, I suddenly had a picture of Phil Joel, former Newsboys bassist, flash into my head.

I believe we might have the first NewsGirl.

Hey, a mother can dream.

4 comments:

  1. HAHA!! A shirt in XXL - that cracked me up. And the resemblance is uncanny :)

    I'm going to giggle about XXL all day. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her hair, her shirt, and the gleam in her eye!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie pie! (Teyla)
    The News Boys performed in the quad at my High School, which was also free, in like, 1993 or 1994. I forget which year.

    ReplyDelete