Sold!

I woke up this morning 1,000 pounds lighter. (Not literally. But that would be cool. Because the baby weight, it is bugging me.) No. I woke up without a burden this morning because

OUR EX-HOUSE HAS SOLD!


(Pardon the green. But Blogger doesn't have a font that accurately conveys my excitement.)

We closed the paperwork yesterday. Today is the first day in 3 years and 9 months that we haven't owned two homes. And since our ex-house was BY FAR the more expensive of the two residences, the sigh of relief is substantial.


We
did end up losing money on the sale -- quite a bit, actually. But given the economy and the fact that we first put the house on market November 2006 (think back; what were you doing November 2006?), we are just happy to have it gone. We were losing more money each year paying the mortgage (and the taxes and the insurance and the property management fees and the lawn service and the snow service and you get the idea) than we ultimately did by selling it.

Corey and I are humbled and beyond grateful to be free. We are also exhausted, to be honest.

I fully, completely believe this is God's handiwork. We have alternately trusted and pleaded with Him to orchestrate the sale of the house in His timing and with His purposes. The fact that we are losing money on the house isn't pleasant, but it doesn't diminish God's control of this
at all to me.

Still. It's been a long road.


I'll also admit there's a bittersweet side to this celebration. We loved our ex-home. If we could have moved it with us to the Twin Cities, we would have done it in a heartbeat. (I'm still waiting for a mad scientist to invent a shrinking ray, so we wouldn't have to move and look for a new home. Instead, we could just shrink our current home and all its belongings, buy a new plot of land somewhere and re-grow the house in a new setting.)

And part of me will always miss it.






















Sigh. I feel like I left a piece of my heart there. God did so much in that house. So many tears, so much joy. I saw miracles there. I saw glory.

But enough looking back. It's time to look forward and throw a party to celebrate what God has done. Please join me in a YAHOO! and YEA GOD! and SOMEDAY, I'LL HAVE A YARD AGAIN!

Thank you, sweet Jesus. Once again, I stand in awe at your goodness and grace.

If you'd like to reminisce with me, here are a few old posts about the ex-house.
- Something I won't miss:
The Bugs
- How I became a gardener, thanks to our ex-house:
The Ghosts of Gardens Past
- A bunch of posts about waiting for it to sell and trusting God in the wait:
Peace in the Pause, The Long Slog, Ugh

23 comments:

  1. I can't remember but why did you move?? Gorgeous location and house. Great reminder that God is good and the He has His own plan for us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We moved for many reasons. The biggest was that my husband got a job elsewhere. But we also never really adjusted to living in a small town (where our ex-house was located). If we could have made that work, we probably never would have left. But being two hours from civilization is just too difficult for those of us born and bred in suburbia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, Thank God. I'm sure it is bittersweet as your old home was gorgeous but I'm sure it's also a HUGE relief. Now, take a nice big breath! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!! That is AWESOME! I know that has been so burdensome for so long. YAY YAY YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

    Wow. November 06. I wasn't even pregnant with AJ yet. Dacey wasn't even TWO yet. She starts Kindergarten in six weeks. WOW that's a long time.

    CONGRATS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so excited for you!!

    I don't remember what I was doing in 2006, but I believe you only had two kids then! LOL

    BTW, I covet, I mean heart, that table and chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. November 06. Wow. That's a long time. Which makes the rejoicing super sweet! YAY God!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pictures left me a little sad too. We loved our visit there. But thankful that the financial burden has been lifted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. November 06? Praising God that colic was finally done. Now the colicky baby is one of the funniest four year olds I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.
    SO happy for you. SO HAPPY. What a burden to be lifted.
    (This is Happy Geek, I am just to lazy to sign in on my own password tonight.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY, GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So very happy for you all. What wonderful news. This has been a looooong time coming. Has it really been almost 4 years??? Wow. As I scrolled through the pics, I felt a little bittersweet twinge myself. Rick and I had some great memories of hanging with y'all at that house. We first met Connor @ that house. We had some great Memorial Days, Fourth of Julys, and other fun summer memories there. Canoeing. Swimming. Playing cards on the deck. Chatting by the outdoor fire. Watching the thunderstorms roll in. Oh, and the bugs. The many, many, many bugs. Anywho, so very happy for you all. We are celebrating our hearts out from Asheville. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm soooooo happy for you. And what a wonderful home to have lived in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm SO relieved for you. I know it must be bittersweet, and I can not even imagine the burden it was!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY! i've thought about you& your two mortgages from time to time. i'm so thrilled for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful home...but, I can tell by your words it has been a huge weight liftedoffyour shoulders :) God is so Good isn't he?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've thought about the situation with your house every time we've considered trying to sell ours and getting out of this small town. I am so happy for you and I know you must feel so much lighter in lots of ways!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Kelly! I know this has been such a long time in coming for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Kelly. I can totally remember those days of paying two payments as we waited for our old house to sell. I praise God that you and Corey were able to trust the Lord through the looong wait. I totally wish I could've bought it from you. Looks like such a FUN place to live!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kelly!!! As an owner of an extra home for the last 3 years and 5 months I am REJOICING with you. Awesome, awesome, awesome!
    And, as a sidebar, without creeping you out, can I tell you how much I like reading your thoughts. Wish we lived closer and could have coffee! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! It is a BEAUTIFUL house, but I am so excited for you, thinking of all the more beautiful plans God has for your future.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Holy gorgeous sunsets! Your ex-house sure was beautiful! But, I can imagine not paying for it will be even more splendid! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. YAHOO!! YEA GOD!! SOMEDAY YOU'LL HAVE A YARD AGAIN!!! :)

    So so very happy for you. I know that although it was 3 years 9 months, it felt like 13 years 9 months.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations! I've been on vacation and am just catching up on all the newsy news. This is one of the best things I've read. You have to feel like a million pounds have been lifted.

    ReplyDelete