The Post Deluge

I feel so behind on the blog, like I have so many things I want to tell you but I only have 10 minutes in which to do so.

(Do you ever have that I'm-going-to-burst feeling when you go out to lunch with a really good friend that you haven't seen in a while? Like you have SO MUCH to catch up on that it will probably take 20 hours just to cover the basics of life? And you only have a babysitter for an hour?)

(I realize the few men that read this blog just shook their heads in total disgust. Sorry guys.)

I have stories from camp, pictures from Natalie's 7th birthday party (including the flip-flop cake), a Bible verse that has been stepping all over my little need-a-pedicure toes. (Both those statements are true, by the way. My toes are freakishly itty-bitty. And a pedicure? Oh my word. I go barefoot every moment in the summer, and my feet show it.) I want to finish up my Sabbath Part One post. I have a struggle to share with you about church in the summer.

I have little bits of paper all over my house with pieces of posts on them. (That's right. I'm so desperate to get these thoughts out of my brain, I've resorted to writing on actual paper. Which is saying something, because I type at roughly the speed of light, and I write at roughly the speed of a second grader, thanks to the carpal tunnel.) (Which means me writing on paper usually starts out with me scribbling really fast, with a concentrated expression on my face, and quickly degenerates into me getting more and more frustrated as my hand cramps up like a swimmer who ate lunch and then went swimming anyway, and I end up throwing the pencil down in disgust and muttering to myself that I should never, ever try to write without my computer. And in the end, I can't read what I've written anyway, because hello, remember what I said about second grader? I wasn't joking. Penmanship is not my strong suit at this stage of life.)

Why, hello stream of consciousness. Nice to have you around.

I guess what I'm saying is -- I have a lot of stuff to post. And I hope to get to it in the next day or so, and regale you with tales of hither and yon. With pictures! And maybe even a video!

But right now? I'm still in my pajamas. The baby is on her third outfit of the day -- and it isn't because she's on "What Not To Wear," if you catch my drift. It's still fairly dark outside, thanks to a storm system that's moving through the Upper Midwest. (Sigh. Do you think a TV station would hire a mid-30s SAHM to be a fill-in meteorologist? Oh weather, I love you so.) My husband is coming home for lunch, after which we have the much beloved swimming lessons. (There's another post! ARGH!) And the kids are still watching Noggin.

I guess what I'm saying is -- my life is deluging me with stories to tell you. But the living -- it's giving me no time to tell them!

A conundrum for sure.

Maybe we can all just meet at Starbucks -- before they close? Because -- oh, did I not tell you? -- my neighborhood Starbucks is on the closure list.

Sigh. Guess that's another post to add to the list.

25 comments:

  1. Kelly! You're such a spaz. I just love you!

    See you at Starbucks. (Don't I WISH!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am feeling your pain, sister. Not only with the Starbucks closure--same deal, but man oh man, the things I should be writing about right now lest they wash away in the stream of life never having had the privilege of a period at their end to be able to say with dignified stature, "I was once a complete thought."

    Whew. I feel better with just that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, I've been praying for Teyla. I mistakenly thought her appt was this week, but then I realized it's NEXT Monday.

    I love reading everything you write, so I'll overjoyed to read your forthcoming posts. I'm curious about "church in the summer". I struggle with getting there on summer Sundays, and am curious if that's your struggle too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine if it were reversed...all the time in the world to blog and nothing to say.

    That would not be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I haven't checked the closure list... and I'm still in my jammies, too.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was great. How did you get that all out in one post?

    I have a list of posts I'd like to write, but life keeps happening. I know how you feel.

    Still praying for Teyla by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can so relate. Only there's really nothing going on to write about. I think it takes a lot longer to write a post about nothin' than to write a post about sumpm, so trying to write when I don't have anything means I spend more time away from life and get a lot more nothin' to write about. It's vicious. Starbucks. YUM. There isn't one close to me, so I feel very safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i second queen b. that's how i feel sometimes. too much time, nothing to say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sometimes I read your words and wonder how you got in my brain???
    I love it. So validating.
    I agree with angie, you are a total spaz in the most endearing kind of way. You know, like Beth Moore (ooooh, the highest of compliments!)

    P.S. I also have really awful hand-writing. But more like a fourth grader (sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm back. I had to link here because it's helped me to unplug. A bit.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Living life and blogging about it is certainly a delicate balancing act that some find easy and jump across the high wire and others, well, it takes time that sometimes doesn't exist.

    I bet all those scraps of paper with pieces of posts on them are the reason you're getting any sleep at all. Some nights I know I need to go to sleep, I'm physically exhausted yet thoughts are swirling around in my head. By getting them out, somewhere I can stop the storm and relax enough to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The one Starbucks in our town is closing, and it only just opened last fall. We've skipped church this summer more than we've actually attended. And when I finally had to time to write a post last night it took me hours. You're right-there's too much life going on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe they'll put a Chick-fil-A in Starbucks' spot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is there a closure list?!? I live in tiny town...if they take my Starbucks away in bigger-town I. will. whiiiiiine like there's no tomorrow.

    Can't wait to hear all your stuff...when it all comes out :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another commenter called you a spaz...that is so perfect...you are a rambling spaz! You know what I learned from my blog break? After two months away, the blog world was still here when I got back, so jot down your ideas and when you have time to right about them, we'll still be here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I WISH we could meet at Starbucks! Never mind...write enough to remember, and that'll give you something to post during the January doldrums.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How about everyone chip in and buy you one of those voice recorder thingabobbers? That way, you wouldn't forget to update us (well, I guess it's not forgetting that's the problem, is it, but finding time?).

    Found your blog through 5Minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. If it makes you feel any better... My penmanship (chicken scratches rather) stinks too! There'd be no way could write w/o my keyboard cause I can't even read my own writing!

    Hopped over from 5 Minutes and enjoyed browsing your site.

    P.S. better get you some Starbuck's before it's too late!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kelly, I'm a new reader to your blog, but surfed into here from Elle's. She's an old friend. I had to go and expand on your post with my own thoughts just on the whole idea of Sticky Notes. I hope you don't mind.

    http://www.rayballard.com/blog/?p=182

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great idea to write down the "random" thoughts, most of the time they fall out the back of my head and I never see them again. I'm glad you are enjoying life I can't wait to read all about it when you have the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you are still at Starbucks?

    I'm still in my jammies, and it's 2:30pm on Friday. To be fair to myself, I slept in a tank and cropped yoga pants which are technically not jammies.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My Starbucks is still open--so let's meet there, mmkay?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always feel that way when talking with friends. Always wish there could be more time. I guess it's a good way to feel, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey at least you have ideas at the ready right? :) Finding the time to write can be tough though, I unerstand that--I meant to write two posts today and nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. *sigh* I find myself at the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Words, they have escaped me. Starbucks, never in my town to begin with.

    ReplyDelete