24 Weeks

Twenty-four weeks always seems like a milestone to me. Maybe it's because, at this point, the baby's odds of survival on the outside go up dramatically with each passing day. Maybe it's because I'm smack-dab in the middle of the second trimester o' bliss. Maybe it's because I like even numbers.

Whatever the reason, it's all good. I'm 24 weeks today. And while I feel heavy and plodding (and frankly, a little annoyed that
no one else can catch the baby moving; I wrote about that at 5 Minutes for Parenting today), I'm thrilled to be here.

(Sorry. I know the bulky sweater disguises the bump. I actually considered changing clothes before snapping that picture. Then I thought: Eh. This is January in Minnesota. This is reality. So be it.)

5 comments:

  1. I always breathed a sigh of relief when I got past 24 weeks or so because I knew if something happened, the baby could make it.

    May seems like such a long way from now - until I see how quickly your pregnancy has progressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that sweet, growing belly! And, btw, I like even numbers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bump is cute under that sweater! You're more than halfway there - YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable...I can't believe how quickly it seems like your pregnancy is going (of course, when you're in the middle of it yourself, it usually seems different)!

    ReplyDelete