Dude Postscript

During our weekly play-date this afternoon with my college roommate Angie, I tried to entertain her by recounting the "Dude" ad I posted on my blog earlier this week.

"So this guy is sitting on a couch? And his friend comes in and sits down right next to him. And he's all, 'Dude!' And the rest of the commercial revolves around him saying every iteration of the word dude. 'Dude.' 'Duuude.' 'DUDE!'"

At which point, my four-year-old son playing in the next room responded, "What Mom?"

So yes, I really do use that word.

A lot.

Maybe too much.

Oh, and by the way? Our deck now looks like this:





















It just won't stop snowing here in the Upper Midwest. I think we might actually have a white Christmas this year.

To which I can only say, "Dude!"

7 comments:

  1. Now that is classic...:))

    And I'm jealous over your deck - truly.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I love it. My word is "awesome." I'm thinking of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure at this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a little while I was stuck on "Sweet!"

    My husband says, "Let's do this thing!" and the baby has already started saying that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude,Dude,Dude,Dude,Dude,Dude.....
    tell your hubby I said HELLO...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious.

    It reminds me of a time when my (now 18 year old) son was about 2. I loaded him into his carseat and made several trips into the house, bringing out armfulls of stuff. At long last I swung into the driver's seat, only to realize I had forgotten the essential thing.

    "Rats!" I exclaimed.

    "Where?" Josh asked.
    LOL

    LOVE your deck. I had a deck like that once, too.

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hee hee

    I'm an eternal valley girl "cool" "awesome" "like" "you know"

    I must be stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You keep on saying 'Dude' and hold your head up high!

    I am currently going through a
    "Niiii-ce" phase.

    ReplyDelete