What's Gray and Concrete and Modern All Over?

Care to guess what this is a picture of?

(By the way, I'm not sweating anymore about ending sentences with prepositions. Grammar Girl told me its OK.)

Here's a hint: It has a lot of wacky looking objects like this:

(That's supposed to be a cross-section of epidermis. Totally obvious in retrospect, right?)

Most of them have long-winded explainations like this:

(Fifty bucks to the first person who can click on the photo, read the paragraph and then can EXPLAIN it to me. Maybe I'm too blond these days, but it reads like one of those Charlie Brown adults: "Wah-wah-wah-wah-wah-wah.")

It also has a wall of graffiti for children to climb:

And an empty concrete room with aquatic videos projected on the walls:

So what's your guess? A modern art museum? What happens when good designers use drugs? IKEA gone horribly, horribly wrong? A rave for kids?

(Remind me to tell you the story about the time Corey ended up at a rave in downtown San Francisco, by the way. Hy-ster-i-cal.)

Of course, it's none of the above. It's a children's museum, which you undoubtedly know if you read my 5 Minutes for Parenting post today.

Warning: It's a bit of a rant, which isn't always my style. But I've been stewing on this one ever since our trip to SoCal in February. It's time to let it out.

3 comments:

  1. I can tell it really got under your epidermis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! The blandness has even stifled my response. So glad you didn't have to pay for that non-experience.

    What's the word on your home, which is beautiful by the way. How was the offer? We're braving the market and putting our home out there next week. It's frightening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took my daughter and her friend to a science center a few weeks ago and the explanations for the bubble exhibit were ridiculous. RIDICULOUS.

    Had to hop on over here after reading your last comment at Beck's place. I had immediately tried to think of something funny to say about the swine flu but you beat me to it... AND it was 10 times funnier than anything I was thinking!

    I like your profile description except I can't remember what a Melancholic is. The Sanguine I have down. Not because I am one, but I am surrounded by them! I tend to use the Myers-Briggs for personality description (HA! am obssessed with). I am an ENFP which I think would land me in the Choleric realm. I think.

    ReplyDelete