Because He Must Have Done Something

I'm not ignoring my husband's soliloquy earlier this week. But I had to pop in and share this dinnertime prayer from Natalie.

Important context: Connor had been sick. Natalie was worried about him. And Natalie attends a Christian school. (Evidenced by the first sentence.)

"Lord, we just want to thank you for this day. And Lord, please help Connor get better from his cold. And please, Lord, please tell us what he did bad so he got the cold. Please! Thank you for my family and our food. Amen."

Guess she hasn't gotten to the story of Jesus and the blind man yet.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, dear - I would check out what they are teaching her there...or maybe they just haven't gotten up to the unit on "mercy" yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...sounds like my D-Man. We were saying our prayers the other night during a thunderstorm and he thanked God for the thunder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the prayer was cute and the April Fools joke was funny. That's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the theology of kids... I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How were you able to keep from laughing out loud at the dinner table???

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, I am laughing out loud. That is so priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cracks me up. Siblings rock.

    And you must get back to the soliloquy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness. How cute and what a teaching op for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you just love what our kids say sometimes? My baby asked for water the other day with this: "Mommy, I need some water 'cause I been busy."

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is sooo darling.

    And her daddy better be worried, because based on that prayer and the previous post, he's about to come down with much much more than a cold!

    BTW, I thought you were the writer at CWO Cafe this morning when I started reading it. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  11. (I know I'm really late with this...sorry...I'm behind on my blog reads)
    That prayer is great! Somewhere, Abel picked up "bless this food to our bodies" I always worry guests will think he got that from US, and think we're geriatric before our time ;)

    ReplyDelete