Prayers for Heather

I suspect most of the people who read my blog are familiar with sweet Heather and her story. (If you aren't, you can go here to learn about it. And grab a tissue before you hit the link. Heather's story is full of real emotions and an unwavering faith in our God.) She's having surgery today at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota -- which is about 45 minutes from where I live -- to remove a brain tumor which was discovered just a few weeks ago.

I'm writing this both as a reminder and a request: Pray like crazy for Heather and her family today. I know I will be. God has placed her heavy on my heart.

And if you're looking for something tangible to do, there's a great idea here (hat tip to BooMama) that actually fits with the title (and purpose) of this whole blog. Love well. Live each day with that goal in mind. Love your children, love your spouse, love your God, love your life. If, at the end of the day, you can say to yourself, "Today I didn't get everything done on my to do list. I burned dinner, and I forgot to buy shaving cream at Target. I meant to call my Mom, and I didn't. I meant to journal about that funny thing my daughter said, and I ran out of time. But gosh darn it, I laughed with my son today. I stopped to accept the dandelions my daughter picked for me. I hugged my husband when he got home from work. And I spent time basking in the presence of the One who made me and loves me more than I can comprehend."

If you and I can say something like that, then, my friends, we will have loved well. And that's a good day.

"Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly." (I Corinthians 13:13, MSG)

1 comment: