Just the Facts, Ma'am

I was tagged by Diane with this seven random facts meme. She's a fellow Minnesotan, and I really can't refuse a comrade in snow boots. So here goes.

1.
My hair is so thick, I have a hard time working shampoo through it. And when I shower in the morning, I pull out all the loose strands and paste them on the shower wall like so much modern art. It keeps my drain clog-free. Plus, I get to throw the resulting gigantic hair ball at the nearest spouse when I'm done with my morning routine.

2. Growing up, I never wanted to be a mom. Never. It just wasn't my dream. Married? Absolutely. A great career? I'm working on it. World traveler? Now you're talking. Children? Ummmm. I don't think so. Don't they require diapers?

But thankfully, God knows so much better than I. My children are the greatest gifts I've ever been given, and being a stay-at-home Mom is my favorite job to date.

3. I am Emmy nominated.

Really.

But I didn't win.

4. I am a certified Jazzercise instructor, although I'm not currently teaching. And yes, I sleep with my thong leotard and leg warmers.

5. I think I’m in love with Alton Brown. "Good Eats" is the only TV show I watch. (Other than the "Stargate" shows on the Sci-Fi channel Friday night. But we've already discussed that.) (And truly, I mean it's the only show I watch. I don't watch "24" or "Lost" or "American Idol." I'm much too busy supporting my Internet addiction to have time for TV.) (Which is somewhat ironic considering I used to work for NBC.) (It' also ironic that I used to be a paid writer, and now I can't write a paragraph without parantheses.)

Anyway. Where was I?

Oh yes. I think "Good Eats" is brilliantly filmed, and Alton is hysterical. And I love that he teaches me why it's necessary that I brown the roast before I braise it. Because if I don't know why I'm doing something, I usually won't do it. And that's doesn't always make for good eats.

6.
My maternal grandmother is a published poet. So it was natural, when I was a child, to follow in her literary footsteps. To wit:
Love people, love them.
Bring them out of the storm.
Love people, love them.
Make them feel warm.
Obviously, the force is strong in this one.

7. During college and in my early married years, I worked as a “food server” for TGI Friday’s, Chili’s and Olive Garden – the trifecta of suburban chain restaurants. My favorite by far was Friday’s. And I always made a killing on tips. I took a major pay cut when I got a "real" job working for a newspaper. Sad but true.

<bigfatgreekwedding> So. There you go! </bigfatgreekwedding>

And if you think I'm interesting, you should meet my husband. Because compared to him, I'm totally vanilla. But I'll save his story for another day.

I tag ... well, I don't know who to tag. It seems everyone I know has already been bitten by this bug. So just leave me a comment with a few of your oddities, and we'll call it a day.

And remember: God made you special, and He loves you very much. Even if no one else appreciates the fact that you know every "Northern Exposure" episode by heart. (Except for Carolyn. Because she's weird like that too.)

7 comments:

  1. These made me giggle. I especially liked the hairball at spouse. My hair is thick too, so I might have to try that one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I put my hair on the shower wall too and if I forget to wipe it off before Dave takes a shower, he gets totally grossed out. It's pretty funny!

    Fun fact about me (or maybe not so fun): I use the word "so" a lot and I have to wear pants when I sleep because I hate when my thighs touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. An Emmy? I want to hear more about that!

    My oddity? I totally *love* the smell of cow manure. No joke. Mmmmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emmy?! I didn't realize that you were such a snazzy-dazzy lady.

    And Alton is hot, even if I don't get to watch him - that's the downside of no cable.

    And I don't want to hear about MY being weird since you sleep with your thong leotard and leg warmers. To each her own, I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so we totally want to know about the Emmy!! How cool is that??

    And the hairball thing? Do that too except I have a strainer over my drain that catches it...It is the only thing I have going for me that I can gross my boys out with..And I do *heart* grossing out my boys..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so delighted to learn that someone else puts their hair on the shower door! I started doing this after I had a baby and my husband asked me to please stop cleaning my hairbrush out in the shower! I couldn't figure out what he was talking about until the next time I showered and looked down at the drain!

    I didn't realize it was a common practice until I read your post and comments.

    Tee hee!

    Funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did it too! Feel free to wander on by...http://millermomentsandmeals.blogspot.com/2007/05/randomness.html

    ReplyDelete