Walker

There's a reason I haven't blogged much lately.

Oh yes, ladies and gentlemen. At 10.5 months, Kieran is walking. And obviously, he is delighted with his new skill.

(Funny story: At Bible study last week, one of our awesome nursery workers asked Teyla if Kieran has learned to walk. "No," she said. "He doesn't walk. He just waddles like a penguin." I see her point.)

Penguin waddle or not, I am losing my ever lovin' mind trying to keep up with him. (I am also losing the last of the baby weight due to the constant-movement, don't-even-think-about-sitting-down thing. Silver lining.)

He is either getting into the plants or taking away the Little People that Teyla is playing with (which doesn't end will for Kieran, believe you me; don't mess with Teyla) or splashing all the dog's water out of her bowl.


(Subtitled: Busted!)

And everything is SO! EXCITING! Life is AMAZING! Have you seen this ball, Mom? It rolls. And this spoon? It makes a loud noise when it hits the floor? And this ceramic thing that flushes? It has water in it AND a lid I can lift by myself!

We have reached the parenting milestone where I cannot cook dinner unless Corey is home to take charge of my smallest charge. Kieran requires constant adult supervision. I had actually forgotten how exhausting this stage of child-rearing is. (Which is mildly amusing, considering I did this just two years ago.)

Remind me again: How do I survive the new toddler season?

7 comments:

  1. Oh dear! Survive... well, is there any place you can capture him while you're making dinner??? Give him a snack in his high chair?
    Noah is taking 4-5 steps with coaxing and stands by himself just fine, but prefers to have a hand on something to really walk. And I guess I have a small house so the only things I really had to move were my plants... after he pulled one off the 3rd shelf up on the 6 foot tall plant stand (and the ceramic pot conked him in the forehead!) they all got banished to the laundry room!
    Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, he's so cute! My little one is (fortunately) just cruising still, but I know my days are numbered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember keeping the toddler in the high chair with a bunch of cheerios while I cooked. Only way to get it done...

    Isn't it funny how fast you forget? I feel as if I never had babies or toddlers, and my youngest (of 6) is only 5!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2.5 months ago when my new bundle was born i was afraid of her....coulkdnt think how i can care for her and yes my 1st born is only 2!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe he's walking already! He's such a little cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! Benjamin is taking his sweet time with mobility which is fine by me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So stinking cute!!

    I haven't read your blog in forever (not that I don't like it, its just the whole time thing...but I still have you bookmarked), but the other day I was praying for you, specifically about the second house you'd been trying to see for forever.

    Praying things are well in your neck of the woods and wanted you to know.

    ReplyDelete