The Best Kind of Tired


It hits me after the sun finally sinks into the horizon and the clouds lose their glow and the blue tint fades from the summer sky.

I am beat.

Physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually done. Toast. Crispy. Fried. Finished.

It’s not that life isn’t good. Just the opposite. Life is so good and so rich and so much right now, it takes all my energy just to hold it close all day.

And then night comes, and I fall into bed, exhausted.

And I thank God for my blessings.

It’s the best kind of tired.

6 comments:

  1. That is a very productive and positive way to embrace what your life holds today! You are blessed, as many of us are, yet you are appreciative and your life will be fuller and more rewarding because of it. But, you already know this :) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. May you continue to enjoy it to the fullest. (And may you also, eventually, start catching up on sleep). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. But when you fall into bed exhausted, how long do you get to stay there before you have to get up and feed the munchkin?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmygoodness...yes. this is me right now. after my wonderful, regular day with the 5 littles and VBS teaching the 3 year olds, i just climbed right into bed tonight. i'm going to sleep very well. i hope you do, too!

    ReplyDelete