Home Again, Home Again

We got home from San Diego late last night.

Reality immediately hit, thanks to four inches of fresh snow and 20 degree weather. (But I wore my sandals to the bitter end, thank you. The fleece-lined LL Bean weatherproof moccasins that are my staple right now didn't come out until I had to walk to the car.)

Thanks to a preponderance of fun, I didn't get to post the last few days of our vacation. It's the pro-con of visiting a place that is both a tourist destination and "home." We left the hotel at 9:00 each morning and didn't return until 9:00 that night, and we still feel like we only did a fraction of the things we wanted to do.

But since it's winter outside and I now have stories galore, I'm going to dedicate the next few days to a vacation recap. It will be fun for me to look back and record the memories while they are still fresh, and hopefully, it will be a boost for my fellow winter-longsufferers.

One other item of note I forgot to post due to vacation brain-lapse was a link to my post over at Praise Baby. It's a tad heretical, as I start by explaining why I was originally determined to never allow a Praise Baby product in my house. Go here for the rest of the story.

Hope you're having a relaxing weekend. I'm about to tackle two huge suitcases full of dirty and sandy clothes. See you tomorrow. And bring your sunglasses. We're going to SeaWorld.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome home! Wish we were there to see you. Sorry we missed you while you were in our state. Come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I currently live in Southern California and as long as God keeps me here, I will stay; there is no place like it!

    ReplyDelete