In Kentucky

I'm in Kentucky today, on a quick trip to see my grandmother. Because my family is far-flung, I don't get the chance to see the extended sections often. It's enough just to try and see my parents and siblings each year.

But Nannie is almost 95, I've only seen her once in the last 10 years or so, and her memory is quite depleted at this point. So I planned this short jaunt to coincide with my parents annual visit. I hope the appearance of all of us together will help her put names with faces.


In the meantime, I have a post over at 5 Minutes for Parenting today. It's all about the dollar bins at Target and the quest to instill gratitude and compassion in my kids.

See you tomorrow, hopefully with a story or two about Nannie.

7 comments:

  1. I think it's so neat that you are getting to see your grandma. Those are trips that you never regret. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what Susanna said. I hope things are going smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so neat that you get to see her. Enjoy your time, you'll never regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love Kentucky! But I don't think my annual fall trip is happening this year :-(

    Have fun with Nannie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are making me miss my gramma. Hope you have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete