That's Totally Ragical, Dude

A few mornings ago, I grabbed a loaf of homemade pumpkin bread from a box lid on top of the fridge.

My four-year-old son was in awe.

Pumpkin bread.

From the top of the fridge.

Instantly.

“Wow, Mom!" he said. "That was ragical!”

Which I like to think is a combination of “rad” and “magical,” in a nod to our California heritage.

You can take the family out of California, but you can’t take the California out of the family.

Mostly because smog works itself into the very DNA of your cells.

Dude.

4 comments:

  1. Smog! Great! That does not help. (I just emailed you... you'll see.)

    Ragical... I love it! I'm a huge fan of creating new words. I might have to start using ragical myself. I'll try to make it spread here in Colorado so others can catch ragical fever, dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! Like, totally rad! Your son 'pones!'

    Don't know what it means....but I hear it often from my 15 year old's best friend. It's something like "Your son is really cool" or "Your son rocks" or something between "owns" and "P?????" I can't figure it out! And to think, as a teenager, we had to count on pig latin to speak nonsense in front of adults!

    Never got pig latin either! Not bi-lingual! Guess I don't "pone!"

    Diane

    ReplyDelete