Blog Hop '10

Today, I woke up and nursed a 12-week-old baby, who returned my kindness with a flurry of smiles...

...I helped my wild-haired 2-year-old get some Band-Aids for imagined owies...


...I thought about combing her hair, but how could I do that to her when she's so happy?...

...I kept my 9-year-old and my 6-year-old from fighting over a gaggle of Little Pet Shops...

(See? They aren't fighting.)

I ate breakfast outside and staggered under the beauty of God's creation on a summer morning...

(I'm not trying to rub it in if you live in Hades right now, i.e. The South, but it's blue skies, bright sunshine, no humidity and 80 here in Minneapolis today.)

I had fun trying to take macro pictures of my husband's favorite yellow hibiscus...


...and I wrote this post while the baby napped and the girls painted and my son thrashed Darth Vader with his imaginary lightsaber.

This is my life. It varies from day-to-day, but not much.


I blog here because I need a place to connect with other writers, other Moms, other women who know what it's like to stay up until 1:00 AM because that is the only time during the day when they have a moment all to themselves.

And even as I typed that, I hear the baby starting to stir.

Time to head to the park and enjoy this gorgeous day.

Hopefully, I'll see you at the Blog Hop -- but probably not until 1:00 AM.

8 comments:

  1. I'm following you, because you dear unknown friend, with a kindred spirit. You Love Well, and it is apparent. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly! I am another Kelly who is a Mama in the dreaded heat of Mississippi...I am jealous of you right now, but perhaps the tables will be turned in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you stay up way too late too? I always know I'm going to regret it in the morning, but that night-time quiet is so valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your words. Beautiful and simple. I love why you blog- I can relate.

    Happy to "meet" you!

    Here's my blog hop post: This Blog O’ Mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the 'hop'. :) Your family is precious. A bunch of cuties!! What a *fabulous* way to start the day, having breakfast under God's beauty. Love that! :)

    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this.

    And regarding your gloat about your perfect weather, let's compare notes in March, shall we?! Just sayin....

    ReplyDelete
  7. We TOTALLY have those exact same matching sister jammies. Sweetness.

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on the stay up late thing--although I'm slowing down in my old age. :) You have darling kids. We have family in the twin cites--hubby grew up there...it is lovely. We live in CO now--which we love too! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete