Pregnancy Journal

I'm over at 5 Minutes for Parenting today, sharing the first update in my Pregnancy Journal. It's something I brainstormed as I was laying on the couch last week. (Which should mean it's highly suspect, given the state of said brain at that time, but whatever. I'm going with it.)

The idea is that I'm not a new player to the pregnancy game. I've walked down this road three times before (four if you count the miscarriage). I have thoughts and opinions and trends. What if I were to reflect during this final pregnancy on the joys and tribulations of childbearing as we know them today?

What I don't want is for the journal to be a record of how much I weigh (God forbid), what I ate for breakfast and how developed the baby is at 9 weeks, 2 days. Those are just the statistics. I want it to be a more of a record of what pregnancy is -- the crazy, the amazing, the wonderful.

And my favorite part is -- moms share this worldwide. It's one of those bonds that pulls us together and gets us talking (and, coincidentally, scares the bejeepers out of our husbands). So I hope you'll join me at 5MP each Wednesday and add your voice to the journal. We're in for a crazy ride.

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea.

    Mine never showed up positive until I had thrown up at least once. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PREGNANT!? Okay, clearly I need to visit the love well blog more frequently! Congratulations, you rockstar of a woman you! I am so very aware of the nausea which never ended at the first trimester for me...bless your heart! I'm so excited for you and I say in faith that yea, verily, someday, somehow we will have coffee together...why are you not here now...I have a box of pumpkin muffin mix...hop on a plane, I'll whip them up! Wait...does the thought of pumpkin muffins make you nauseous? I also have saltines. (longest comment rambling ever? I think so!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...this should be fun...although we're not pregnant...just had our first 3 mos ago. I'm interested...and you're right. It's totally a girl bonding thing! :) It's the hottest topic in the church nursery. Like, all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just posted the first few thoughts of my pregnancy journal on my blog too! So fun, this is our first!

    ReplyDelete