Good News, Bad News

Good news: The baby and I slept until 8:30 this morning, which is a new Love Well record.

Bad news: I was supposed to be leaving the house at 8:30 this morning for a workout class at 9:00. Whoops.

Good news: Connor, who had a fever yesterday, slept through the night without waking once.

Bad news: The sound that woke the baby and me up this morning was Connor moaning, "Ow! OW!"

Good news: He wasn't injured.

Bad news: But "his tummy hurt."

Good news: I managed to direct him to a waste basket before he threw up on the carpet.

Bad news: Even as Connor was wiping his mouth, the phone rang. The work crews that were coming today at 10:30 to fix a few items in the townhouse were sitting in our driveway. "Do you mind if we're early?"

Good news: They agreed to give me 30 minutes to take a shower and dispose of the "waste" before they came in.

Bad news: Connor threw up again while they were here.

Good news: He hit the waste basket again. Score!

Even better news: The baby is napping. The workmen were compassionate and expedient. I just poured myself some coffee. Connor has kept down the apple juice he so desperately wanted. (For now, anyway.)

Best news: His mercies are new every morning.
"God's loyal love couldn't have run out,
his merciful love couldn't have dried up.
They're created new every morning.
How great your faithfulness!"
- Lamentations 3:22-24

8 comments:

  1. I look forward to the day my girlie can throw up in a proper receptacle instead of, you know, on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to look on the bright side of things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got that extra bit of sleep before the day barfed all over you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Conner feels better soon! And I pray the rest of the fam stays vomit free!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just another day in the life of a mommy given the strength to make it through by such a gracious Father!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some of my favorite kinds of posts because boy, do they show real life. But now here's to hoping that your real life gives you a real break in the next 48--at least one that involves no more yawking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good News: Today is almost over.
    Bad News: The virus will probably spread.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why is it that they only sleep in on the mornings where we have somewhere to go!

    ReplyDelete