Because It's Super Tuesday

So my husband is an executive at a company that raises money for nonprofits -- including political parties and candidates. (And that's all I'm saying about that for the time being. There shall be no name dropping at this point in the campaign.)

Obviously, with this being a Presidential election year in the U.S., things are pretty busy at work right now. Yet, strangely, his staff isn't hearing a lot of enthusiasm from voters -- even the voters who care enough to give money to support the candidate of their choice.

"It's a tough year," he remarked last week. "The whole population is suffering from electile dysfunction. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of arousal on the part of the voters."

(Bum, dum, bum.)

Thank you! He'll be here all week.

13 comments:

  1. I think he's mixing mostly with Republicans...there's plenty of enthusiasm among the Democrats, from what I've seen...(I'm an Independent).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought there was a writer's strike?! Your husband is a SCAB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That made me laugh out loud...very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hate to break it to you, but he didn't come up with that on his own. That was emailed to me about two weeks ago.

    But it still cracked me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoo boy.

    I'm pretty much speechless.

    Betcha have some interesting conversations around the dinner table...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's terrible . . . . but I liked it! Funny stuff!

    A

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will never understand why we don't have primaries on a single day like the general election. All it takes is a hint from the media that our candidate doesn't stand a chance to completely sway the entire process.

    Perhaps our hopelessly flawed election system is what's sucking the life out of any political enthusiasm.

    And that's as long as I'm staying on my soap box. It's been an incredible act of Holy Spirit restrait not to campaign on my blog...lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. hee hee hee.....man I love that man of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like your husband and my husband would be friends.

    ReplyDelete