Photo Booth Birthday Party

You are in for a treat today - tips on how to throw do a photo booth at your party from one of my favorite photographers (and friends) JJ, The Blah Blah Blahger. Jen is a story teller, at heart, whether she's using words or her camera, and she's ALWAYS up for some fun. (Ask me how I know.) She makes me laugh and she inspires me every day. And now I need to fly her from SoCal to Minneapolis so I can have a kick-butt photo booth at my next party too.

I LOVE a good birthday party. It's how I was raised.

My mom's nickname is the Party Queen and even though my childhood birthdays were modest and certainly NOT over the top, she always made them feel that way. She taught me that it's the little touches that make the biggest differences.

I started getting into photography a few years ago and was always drawn to the humor in photobooths. To me, it is an AWESOME way to capture the personalities of the guests at a party. And it doesn't take a lot to make this small addition feel like BIG fun.

You can create clever backdrops with myriad props or let your guests get creative with what they've got.

I provided a photobooth for a friend's Totally 80s 40th Birthday and between the costumes, the radical 80s poses, and the vibe in the air, it was a total hit!
g1 g3 g5 g6

I did one for a friend's wedding reception and everyone from the oldest to the youngest had a blast.

IMG_8627 IMG_8638 IMG_8678 IMG_8799

A friend hosted an engagement fiesta in her backyard and EVERYONE wanted in on the action.

IMG_7233 IMG_7254 IMG_7324 IMG_7353IMG_7311

And when it came time for my 35th birthday a couple of years ago, I threw myself a pajama party. We roasted smores, at popcorn and candy, watched Girls Just Want to Have Fun, and yep, you guessed it, we all took turns in the photobooth. It was one of the most fun parties I've ever had!

IMG_5085 IMG_5021 IMG_5037 IMG_4998 IMG_5014 IMG_5116

And here's the thing...you DON'T need to have a professional photographer there to have a fabulous photobooth. Get some white butcher paper and create a backdrop on a wall and set up your camera on a tripod (that way your images will be consistent!). Ask a friend to shoot for you OR get yourself a handy dandy wireless remote trigger. You won't be sorry you tried it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment