Here, Taste This: Luau Punch

A few years ago, I read about the rule of percentages when it comes to healthy eating. My percentage is 70-30. Seventy percent of the time, I try to eat healthy and feed my family healthy. I'm all about real food and whole grains and lots of fruits and veggies and almost no processed stuff. But the other 30% of the time, I don't stress. Because real life happens, and here in America, that includes sugar and food dyes and cereal with marshmallows.

And this punch. It's firmly in the 30% category, containing, as it does, red food dye, sugar, HFCS and ice cream. But you know what? It's AMAZING, and when I served it at Natalie's luau birthday party, it outshone the beach cupcakes. And that's saying something, because cupcakes are in the 30% category too.


Luau Punch

46 oz pineapple juice
2 liter Hawaiian Punch
2 liter ginger ale
rainbow sherbet

Directions:
1. Combine pineapple juice, Hawaiian punch and ginger ale in a large bowl.
2. Just before serving, top with scoops of rainbow sherbet.

Tips: 
1. You can't mess this up.
2. <JediMindTrick> You will not think about the sugar. You can go now. </JediMindTrick>

No comments:

Post a Comment