Pizza: The Food That Redeems

Today started out well enough. It was a beautiful summer morning -- warm sun, blue sky, temp around 80 -- so I turned off the air conditioning and made the beds accompanied by bird song. The kids and I took a class at a local nature center then shopped a nearby farmer's market. (Sugar snap peas are done this year, unfortunately, but the tomatoes are starting to come in.) We made it home in time to put Teyla down for a nap.

But then the clouds gathered and messed up the sky. The breeze died down and the air turned stale and muggy. The kids laid on the couch, exhausted after a week of "too much fun," whiny and petulant. I wasn't fairing much better. I couldn't seem to focus on anything. My brain was in as thick and heavy as the air outside.

So I ordered a pizza for dinner, and Corey got home from his business trip, and we played with the kids on the floor until bedtime.

I love pizza. It can bring a day full circle.

10 comments:

  1. Cheers to pizza.

    It has saved the day around here more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizza has saved me a time or two, also, even though we don't have delivery. Just a week or so ago I had HAD IT, so my hubby loaded up the toddler & went to town to pick up pizza - and he surprised me by bringing home my favorite ice cream, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love pizza, too. I wish I had some for breakfast actually.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are blessed words: "Let's order a pizza."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hear, hear.

    My family is allergic to pizza. I'm not kidding. Unless I make it myself with fake cheese, my fam can't eat it.

    So. Real pizza, made by someone else, sounds absolutely divine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pizza and the fact you didn't have to cook...priceless

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom, and pizza, save the day again! Hope the weekend is better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm telling you, there's nothing like a little take out to soothe some ragged nerves and restore joy to the home. And take out slathered in melted cheese? Nothing wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, we had a day like that today, in fact. We went with Zaxby's chicken strips. And now the stars have re-aligned. Aaaah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "...and made the beds accompanied by bird song."

    Best part of the whole post. :)

    ReplyDelete