Heart Relief

Teyla saw the pediatric cardiologist this morning for the strange sound her pediatrician heard back at her six-month appointment.

Bottom line: Everything is healthy. Her heart is perfectly fine. The cardiologist attributed the swooshing noise to Teyla's heart stretching, due to uber-fast growth all babies experience the first 12 months.

To get to that diagnosis, Teyla underwent an echo cardiogram -- which was VERY unpopular since it meant she had to lay still on her back for 15 minutes. (You might remember -- this is a child that does not like to lay on her back.) She also had an EKG -- a 10-second test that required 10 minutes of prep work. (Try putting 12 small stickers on a baby's chest while she grabs for each one and/or your hair and/or the blood pressure machine next to you -- and then attach 12 tiny wires to each tiny sticker. It would be easier to give an octopus a manicure.)

But it was all worth it to see the cardiologist smile as she said, "Your beautiful little girl has nothing more than an innocent heart murmur."

Thank you all for your prayers, your e-mails, your words of encouragement. I'm daily amazed at the support and camaraderie I feel from all my "imaginary Internet friends."

And now, I have to go. I have a baby wrapped around my ankle, and she's desperate to get my toes in her mouth.

Which would introduce a whole different set of medical concerns.

33 comments:

  1. Fabuloso! And glory to God for a sweet and precious report! Thanks for letting us know. Give her an extra squeeze from this imaginary internet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHoo! So happy for the huge relief you must be feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the title of this post and breathed a little sigh of relief. So happy for your peace of mind.
    Love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear it! Praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so incredibly happy for the good news!!! There's no relief like it...

    Love you my friend!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm so happy for you.

    That picture is so cute. Is she walking yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo!!! Give that sweet baby a kiss for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So thankful for your good report! I know you are happy and relieved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your blog title. Thought I'd stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet you'll sleep like the proverbial baby tonight, with that news to set your mind and heart at ease. I'm so happy it all came down to normal, healthy baby growth. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what wonderful news! Praise the Lord! That picture is so sweet. She is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blessing the Lord with you for fearfully and wonderfully making little Teyla!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such great news! God is so good.

    Now. About the toes...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praise the Lord!

    And on behalf of all us invisible friends - toldja so. Aren't you glad we were right??

    By the way, you look hot in that picture. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah!
    So glad everything is OK.
    Momma will sleep well tonight I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I knew it! Innocent murmurs, just like my Aaron. YAY!! I know what a weight was just lifted from you!!! I'm glad it all turned out OK.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, now your mommy heart can be put at ease. So happy to hear it, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to hear that everything is okay. How in the world did you get her to lay still for 15 minutes?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is WONDERFUL news! I can well imagine the IMMENSE relief you must be feeling right now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. YEAH!!! So glad. Now go eat something decadent to celebrate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Praise the Lord for that wonderful news. I agree with the doctor, she is a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so relieved for you. Even the thought of something being wrong must have been frightening. Breathe easy and enjoy that baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is wonderful news! Thanks be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  24. David had that happen, kind of, where the doctor heard something and then finally figured it was a "functional" heart murmur which he still has. I'm glad she's healthy and growing and not in danger!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So so happy Kelly!! My oldest son had/has the same thing. If I remember correctly, he has grown out of it. :) Might need to check that out.

    She is just precious. Y'all have a good Wendesday!
    Love,
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wandered over here from 5 Minutes for Parenting. Your daughter is adorable. Praise God that she is OK... even after the torture at the cardiologists.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh what wonderful news and a great answer to prayer :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hellooooooo, Kelly! Brace yourself for a slew of comments. I'm getting caught up. Yippeeee!

    What a wonderful post to start my catching-up on. Praise God for a good report about sweet Teyla. This imaginary friend is relieved it was nothing.

    I'm not sure who looks cuter in that picture - you or your sweet babe. ;)

    ReplyDelete