Nerds of the World, Unite!

Two posts I've read on some of my favorite blogs the last few weeks inspired this one. So if you want to get inside my head and find out "What was she thinking?!?" read this one from Amanda at Baby Bangs and play a little game called "Please Don't Laugh At Me." Then read this one from Big Mama that tells the story of how she discovered her inner nerd. (And if you really have time to snort today, be sure to read the comments for both posts. There are some talented and funny commenters out there. That's all I'm saying.)

And then, my sweet friends, take this hysterical quiz to discover your nerd type. Because -- come on -- if you're reading this blog, chances are good, you have an inner Screech.

As for me, I'm a Drama Nerd! (She says, flinging her cape over her shoulder, while her long, tangled tresses coast behind.)

What Be Your Nerd Type?
Your Result: Drama Nerd

You sure do love the spotlight and probably have a very out-going and loud personality. Or not. That's just a stereotype, of course. Participation in the theatre is something to be very proud of. Whether you have a great voice for musicals, or astounding skills for dramas/comedies; keep up the good work. We need more entertainment these days that isn't television and video games (not that these things are bad, necessarily.)

Social Nerd

Literature Nerd

Gamer/Computer Nerd

Science/Math Nerd

Musician

Artistic Nerd

Anime Nerd

What Be Your Nerd Type?

Go take the quiz yourself (and prepare to laugh; it's written so nerds will laugh) and then come back and share your inner nerd. I'll have pocket protectors and signed copies of "Star Trek's" first season to pass out to all the participants.

Now, if anyone would like to discuss the Christian themes running through "Matrix" or moan with me over the final season of "Stargate: SG1," I'll be in my dressing room.

5 comments:

  1. Please don't laugh at me, but I took the nerd quiz. Yes. It's true. I should be finishing Jayson's newsletter, and instead I'm answering questions about sewing costumes for animes. (what the heck?!)
    (I'm a Drama nerd like you by the way. Surprise surprise.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reeling me in, too, Kel. I should be working, but my motivation is growing oh-so-thin. (School will be done in 10 days. Wahoo!!!!) This was a welcome, albeit nerdy, diversion.

    Oh, yeah...I'm a music nerd. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found you through Baby Bangs...Love your blog and hers too!

    I am totally going to take the nerd test..I'm pretty convinced that a girl who carries her Hebrew-Greek Lexicon in her purse and who love, love, loves Napoleon Dynamite is going to score really high on this one..:))

    Great to meet you! I'm looking forward to the media post you promised since you worked in the industry..

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turns out I'm a social nerd. Apparently I like peace and trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm one of the blog lurkers who is just now leaving her first comment: SG-1 drew me out. Dare I ask your opinion of SGU?
    I love your writing style! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete