Should I bring my daughter to Women of Faith?

I have tickets to attend Women of Faith: Imagine this weekend at the Excel Center in St. Paul. It's a ridiculous privilege to be on the blog team for this particular event, and I'm excited to sit for even a few minutes and hear God's wisdom spoken by women.

But this weekend is also fall break for most of Minnesota schools; no classes Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. Many families use this long weekend to travel or do something big or just relax and enjoy the autumn weather. Which means, while I have two tickets to Women of Faith, most of my grown-up girlfriends aren't available to attend with me.

So I'm thinking of taking my youngest girlfriend instead -- my daughter Natalie, age 10.

Good idea? Or am I setting myself up for failure? Part of me wonders if the speakers would be talking over Natalie's head. I don't want her to be bored. But another part of me thinks just exposing her to thousands of women who are passionate about Jesus is a good thing, no matter what she grasps intellectually or spiritually.

A couple of caveats:
1 I'm only planning to attend Saturday's sessions, and I may not even stay for all of those, depending on the needs of the rest of my family that day.
2. The last time I attended Women of Faith, I lived in San Diego. So it was at least 10 years ago, maybe more. For those of you who've attending since then, is it age appropriate for a 10-year-old girl? I was childless in those days, so I didn't look at Women of Faith through the eyes of a mom.

Share your thoughts? I'd love to hear them. (And if you're interested in attending too, tickets are still available.)

3 comments:

  1. I missed last year with the newborn (in retrospect, would have been the PERFECT year to go, but who knew??). I remember a few younger daughters. A lot of it is targeted to mothers, I feel. But I think you're right, the impact of all those believing women would be amazing.
    Now I'm wishing I had tickets! Although the hotel is what's hard to come by at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My baby sis is flying in from Edmonton to go to this with a friend from Winnipeg. Say hi eh?
    I went 5 years ago and I think your daughter would benefit. There were a few adult themes, but nothing overt when I went.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this blog and nice topic is discuss. Every women brought the his mother and his early generation faith and thinking . It is converted in generation to generation by God gifted.
    lincoln square condos

    ReplyDelete