Silence

I rarely crave silence.

I am a people person. I am energized by conversation. I am happiest when I'm interacting.

But lately, I want to hit the the internal mute button.

To be clear, it's not you.

It's me.

I'm sick of me.

I don’t mean that in a derogatory way. I do not struggle with insecurity. About 90% of the time, I’m comfortable in my own skin.

I do mean that I’m weary of the me-focus and the me-blog and the me-Twitter and the me-me-me.

I want me to be quiet.

Be still.

I'm sure it's just a season - a balance to my nearly constant sanguine.

But right now, it's needed.

And good.

7 comments:

  1. Forget you! Where are pics of those sweet kids?!

    Just teasing. I totally get this. Don't like it, but I get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our personalities are different in just about every way. But I get what you're saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been craving quiet, stillness too. When I find it I devour it. Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. we can complain that our lives are all about what others need, but sometimes it's sickening how we can focus on ourselves. Maybe that's why God asks us to serve others- it makes us more content and happier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too!!! I have two goals this school year! To be more "high maintenance" and "to be more dumbed down"....and a little silence fits into either one of those!! Ha ha!! :) ~Chris Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too, beautiful one. Me too.

    (I love you, I do, and wish we could just curl up on the couch with some coffee and the not-so-silent hum of children while heart talks flow.)

    ReplyDelete