"We are enlarged in the waiting."

It's so BEE-YOU-TEE-FULL here today, I almost forgot about my laptop.

Which is pretty much like a nursing mother forgetting her young or a pregnant woman forgetting the Peeps in her pantry -- both of which are mentioned in Proverbs, I believe.

(There's my Bible degree, coming in handy again.)

But last night, when the sun wasn't shining and the temperatures weren't beckoning with 75-degree warmth and the birds weren't singing and the grass wasn't greening before my very eyes, I posted a little something over at 5 Minutes for Parenting. It was inspired by these verses in Romans, which I can't stop pondering lately.
All around us we observe a pregnant creation. The difficult times of pain throughout the world are simply birth pangs. But it's not only around us; it's within us. The Spirit of God is arousing us within. We're also feeling the birth pangs. These sterile and barren bodies of ours are yearning for full deliverance. That is why waiting does not diminish us, any more than waiting diminishes a pregnant mother. We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy.
- Romans 8:22-25
Spring and this baby are inextricably bound together in my psyche. And with spring coming so early to the Frozen Tundra this year, I can't help but feel a sense of wonder at what God is doing -- both around me and in me.

Here's to growing LARGE with joyful expectancy at the handiwork of God.

4 comments:

  1. So you don't think you'll have a white Easter?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enlarged in the waiting, how appropriate!! I have not heard it worded like that before. I am very encouraged by that concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Just saying.

    And the fact that you mentioned the Peeps in the pantry made me smile. Of course.

    Happy Easter, friend!

    ReplyDelete