Our Christmas in Song Titles

Right now, I'm sitting in a bed with my just-days-away-from-being-two-years-old daughter lying next to me.

She is wearing footsie pajamas decorated with bunnies and hearts, and she's tucked beneath a slate green woven blanket and a pure white cotton comforter. Yet her gentle breathing and the feel of her relaxed hand on my leg are softer than anything man could manufacture.

---

If you follow me on Twitter, you know we escaped the clutches of the Midwest Christmas Blizzard last week and made it to Colorado, where my parents recently moved. It's been a FULL holiday season. We celebrated Christmas three times in three days -- on Christmas Eve with Corey's parents, on Christmas morning with our immediate family (read: the kids, Corey and me) and on Boxing Day in Colorado with my side of the family.

Not only have I eaten every form of holiday treat available in America, my kids also now own every toy in the world.


We are exceedingly, immeasurably blessed. It is very humbling.

---

I'm technically on vacation this week, so I've been trying to stay away from the computer and all things blog-Twitter-Facebook related. But I can't resist the temptation to share a few seasonal pictures with accompanying song title captions. Because this will only be funny for about another 48 hours. If that.

White Christmas


What Child is This?


Joy to the World



As with Gladness Men of Old


And after that last shot ... really, what more can I say? See you in 2010.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, love those snapshots! So glad you guys made it out to CO for some family time.
    So Teyla's birthday is coming up, huh? Bless those winter babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE shot #2. But, it justs reminds me of how much we have missed! Seriously, the hair growing out is killing me. Now it has become that much more important to me that Connor's hair continues to...do it's thing (how else do you describe it???) I check like every picture for it ; )

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the Lovewell branch of our family! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love #3! The smiles are fabulous and cheesy! Perfection.

    I hope you enjoy your bloggy break1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, love it, love it! Immeasurably blessed, indeed. Appropriately humbled here as well, except without the white Christmas.

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete