She's Here

Good news: My sister got to eat dinner last night.

Even better news: My very first niece is here.

Woo-hoo!

Meet Eliana Elisabeth. (My sister's name is Emily Elisabeth, and yes, she was partially named after the girl in the "Clifford" books. Legend has it that my parents had decided on Emily as a name for their third baby, but they couldn't agree on a middle name -- until my brother, a Clifford aficionado, suggested Emily Elisabeth. It stuck.)

(That's my Mom holding the baby, by the way.)

Eliana weighed all of 6 pounds, 2.3 ounces at birth, so the doctors were right about her tiny stature. But in every other respect, she's completely healthy.

Emily did have a chance to get an epidural before the pain got intense, which was her fervant prayer. And in the end (no pun intended), she only had to push 5 minutes before the baby arrived.

I call that a win-win.

Oh. And can I share this picture with you?

That's two-year-old Silas, Emily's firstborn, bringing her a flower he found in the hospital parking lot. Silas has been spending a lot of time with my parents (Grammie and Papa) the last few days, as you might imagine. Emily remarked that she'd never been separated from him for this length of time before.

I, too, remember the sweetness of introducing my firstborn to her new sibling. All of a sudden, you aren't just two parents with a child anymore. You're a full-fledged FAMILY. It was almost too much.

God, continue to bless this growing family in every imaginable way. And may tiny Eliana grow up to have huge faith in the One who made her.

17 comments:

  1. Emily looks awesome even after all she has been through. It brings back sweet memories of my three beginnings. I guess that is why I love baby announcements. Congratulations to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such happy news! Yeah!!
    And that thing about becoming a "family", made me tear up, just a little bit. It's so true...and so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful baby and a beautiful name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, congrats. What sweet pictures!

    And the other thing I remember about baby #2 being born is how HUGE our little 2-year-old suddenly looked!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Contratulations to all! I teared up a little too since just 7.5 months ago we welcomed our little one who made us a family of four! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!

    Your mom is beautiful, and so is that tiny little morsel. Yes, I just called that sweet baby a morsel. It's a family thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome, Eliana! And congratulations to the rest of the family--so glad that this has ended in such joy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so so so cute! The baby that is. And your mom and sister too.
    CONGRATS to all! :) What lovely news. And Eliana is such a pretty name (I think the Elizabeth is even better though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A new child of God to celebrate.. Very beautiful!
    Love,Kelly
    www.amazingsalvation.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI. I'm new here. First, congrats to you and your sister -- what a sweet tiny little thing that baby girl is! ADORABLE!!
    I'm here by way of the Top 100 Family Christian blogs -- congratulations and nice to meet you.
    Lastly, I'd like to say I LOVE your saying at the top of your blog. What a thing to really think about each day!
    in HIM -
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to all of you. She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to you and your sister!!

    Eliana is a beautiful name! Your Mom looks so sweet with the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to you and your sister!!

    Eliana is a beautiful name! Your Mom looks so sweet with the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome sweet Eliana!!

    And your mom is pretty cute herself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to all! Oh, to hold a six pound baby - I wouldn't know what to do with myself. Mine come out so big. :) It's so TRUE about the "family" part, isn't it? Being away from my oldest for two nights when our second was born was the most torturous part of the whole experience.

    Many blessings all around!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How exciting! Funny story about Emily. I have a friend whose daughter is Emily Elizabeth for the same reason. They'd asked their son what they should name her, and didn't find out it was from Clifford til later. Makes me wonder how many are out there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! Mommy and baby look awesome. Hope they are doing well.

    ReplyDelete