Congestion

I'm tempted to start this post with two words: recurring mastitis. But that's just a shameful cry for sympathy.

Besides, while the mastitis did indeed return (twice), I'm better at this point. Mostly anyway. I start a new antibiotic tomorrow, to ensure the evil bacteria is beaten and banished from my body. But the fever has been gone for three days now, a good sign. And I'm blogging again, an even better sign.

Of course, I'm still dealing with soreness and cracking and all sorts other unpleasantness on a part of my body that shall not be named lest Google tag me for all sorts of equally unpleasant searches. I'm also experiencing a fair amount of lacto-congestion.

However, I have faith that this, too, shall pass. I nursed both of my other children for a year, after we forged through that excruciating first month. So we'll just keep moving ahead.

But man -- Veronica spoke deep truth when she commented on the last post, "Breastfeeding is hard enough when it's easy. If that makes any sense." It does, Veronica. It does.

Speaking of congestion, I have to tell you that even even when I was lying on my bed, covered with blankets, shaking like a maraca and drenched with sweat, even then I was composing blog posts in my brain. They were all ridiculous drivel, but still. I've missed writing here. In fact, I've missed it so much, my brain is now clogged with all sorts of thoughts and ideas and half-written posts.

I think I have blogo-congestion.

I'll try to work it out this weekend with hot showers, massage and lots of Tylenol. Or at least, lots of hot coffee.

In the meantime, here are a few pictures to tide you over. And since the masses have spoken, I'll resist posting any mastitis photos. Geesh! You people are so picky.

The sisters. Natalie is thinking about suing us for custody rights.
















The new big brother with his little sister. Connor is mostly neutral about "Baby Teyla" at this point, although he's fascinated by all the noises she makes.
















Daddy and daughter. I love this picture, because it shows her size. (Which is now 7 pounds, 11 ounces, thank you very much. The breastfeeding can't be going that badly.)





















The princess sleeping after a mid-afternoon bath. (Notice the fuzzy hair. I love that about babies.)
















And a smile in the morning. She's sleeping four-hour stretches at night right now, so she's pretty content when she first wakes up.
















See you next week.

27 comments:

  1. Oh those are great photos! I love the one with Natalie. And Teyla has so much hair! Much more than any of my 3 did at that age.
    Hope you're feeling all better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious family. Thanks for all the photos. Hope you are feeling better soon. Glad to see you blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you sure are having a rough time. i'm sorry.

    my two girl babies had fuzzy dark hair too. brings back the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cheeks are just begging to be kissed!! Such precious pictures. And the ones with big brother and big sister are tear-jerkers.

    So sorry you've been in such a hard (no pun intended!) situation. Hope it clears up soon.

    Glad to see you venturing out occasionally to other blogs. . . Don't stay out too much now! Get your rest!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Veronica. Bless your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear that your mastitis has happened twice. *ouch*

    One tip...caffeine can cause clogs which cause mastitis....I learned this the hard way. One cup of caffeinated coffee and I'd be on my way to clog central. And I love my coffee. ;-) It only happened with my last two babies though.

    Love the pics. You have adorable children!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Teyla is so adorable with that soft, sweet hair. LOVE all the pictures!

    I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better, Kelly. Having babies and nursing babies is not for the meek. Guess that's why it's women's work.

    You have been missed! You hang in there and keep getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teyla is in my favorite baby stage: cuddly, squirmy, makes cute noises, and there's just no sweeter smell that just-washed baby!

    I hope you feel better soon. And don't worry about the blogging: we'll all still be here when you get back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Geepers, if I were you and had to choose between little Sparkles and blogging?











    See? That was my choice. Take it easy and enjoy the little one!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, I love those pictures. And, "oh!!!" I remember the cracks! (ouch!) Hang in there girl!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweetness, she is! I love it.

    I hope things will continue to get better with the breastfeeding. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love that last photo! She looks like pure joy! Almost makes me want to have another one . . . almost. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is so gorgeous! I love that fuzzy baby hair.
    I bet she's got super soft skin and that I-just-had-a-bath-smell, too.
    I hope you start to feel better, I've missed you around here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She has grown so much in the last week! I think she is looking more and more like Natalie as a baby. I am glad that you are feeling a little better. I hope that your first week of doing all of the school driving goes well!! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous. I hope you are feeling better soon. Try some heating pads or hot washcloths. It will help relieve some of the pressure. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  17. She could be perhaps the MOST PRECIOUS BABY I've ever seen. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you are on the mend. The pics are beautiful. The last one Teyla looks just like big sis..:)

    Love ya!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh- how sweet! These are beautiful pictures... making me want another little girl:-)

    Hope you are on the mend soon, mastitis is just evil, that's all there is to it. Veronica is so right.. it is just hard enough, even when it is good!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful pictures.
    Sorry about the pain. You're right, though, that first month is the worst. Once you make it through that, you can do it all!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So adorable. Thanks for the updated pictures--makes me anxious to hold my new little one (March for me). Take care of yourself!
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fuzzy hair and baby smell is perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kelly, she's gorgeous. That pic of her sleeping could be in a parenting magazine!

    When I brought my baby girl home my middle son was just 2 years old. He was uber-cute and used to getting massive amounts of attention. When I finally came home after three days in the hospital we were all a little preoccupied with the baby. David felt a little "injured".

    He was doing something "naughty" for attention (can't remember what) and I (being sleep deprived) snapped at him. :( His enormous brown eyes flooded with tears and his lip hit the floor. I said, "David, what's wrong?"

    The tears overflowed, dripped down his chubby cheeks and he said, "I just don't like that baby." I still remember his tone of voice and he's now 13 (and mostly reconciled with the 11-yr-old baby).

    Sorry about the mastitis. Mine always hit when I was on vacation and had to call my doctor and convince her to call in a prescription for antibiotics. And I could only take Keflex, which were ungodly expensive. I remember how awful it felt, and how useless I became. Ugh! If I were close I'd bring you chicken soup.

    Karma

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh! I feel for you! I just had my little girl and got mastitis and it was the worst thing I ever went through! Seriously soooo painful! I hope you get better. I spent a lot of time in hot baths tryin to relieve pain! GOod luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, a thousand condolences on the mastitis. I feel ya. I had so many breastfeeding issues. (Am currently composing a post called "The One With The Bleeding Nipples.")

    But that baby is simply gorgeous. What a lovely, tiny creature.

    ReplyDelete