How To Know You Have A Girl

Clue #1: You'll hear this. A lot.

"Ohhhh! It's so cute!"

Hear this in your head as a sing-song phrase. "Ohhhh!" actually takes about four seconds to say, and it goes up, then down, then up. "It's so cute!" ends on a note that's so high only dogs and old people with out-of-whack hearing aids can discern it.

Yesterday, I heard that phrase uttered about ...
... the tiny M&Ms we used to play bingo at the library
... the plastic giraffe she chose as a prize when she achieved bingo
... the crayons wrapped up in a napkin "package" at Red Lobster
... the plate of baby carrots, cucumber rounds and Ranch dressing she was served at Red Lobster
... and the watch battery she found in the hotel hallway.

Wow. That's a whole lot of cute.

Lucky for me, she also found this cute:






It was given to me by my blogger friend Michelle at Military Mommy. (And I'm not joking. My daughter happened into my office when I was reading this
post and looking over my shoulder she said, "That's so cute! I love pink!")

I won't even tell you all the ways Michelle and I have bonded via e-mail. (Many of them involve food. Big surprise, right?) But we have, and hopefully, we'll get to meet face-to-face someday. And to think that she believes I'm a "Rockin' Girl Blogger" ... well, it just made my day. Because she is one of my favorite reads online. She is married to one of our nation's finest military men, and since he happens to be out at sea right now, she's raising -- by herself, everyday, 24/7 -- two adorable and sweet children. Plus, she makes me laugh (and cry, usually at a country music video), and she loves my Jesus. How much better can you get?

To keep the love going, I'm supposed to pass the award on to the five blogs I enjoy most. Problem is, all of them have already received this award. (It's like a Rockin' Girl Blogger Fest in my Bloglines account.) So I might have to let this chain stop with me, for now.

But rest assured, that I will hold this cute award in reserve for a rainy (or snowy) day. It could show up where you least expect it. So stay cute, y'all. Some pink could be in your future.

7 comments:

  1. To totally solidify our relationship - when we finally meet we will have to:

    Have a chickfila sandwich for lunch

    Then head over to the mall for some see's candy

    Then for a snack in between catch a fish taco at rubio's

    And last but not least go get a pazookie at Bj's.

    Sounds like a heavenly day for when we finally meet. : )

    You ARE a rockin blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Too cute!

    I hope you and military mommy do get to meet one day set on His Kingdom calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh You're so cute!

    Yes, that sounds like you've got a girl there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a daughter, age 5 1/2, and I definitely know what you're talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, congratulations on this very well deserved award! And rock you do...anyone who can keep their sense of optimism and humor throughout the relentless nausea of pregnancy....ROCKS!!!!

    Congratulations.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's funny, it's a "Rockin' Girl Blogger Fest" in my Google reader too! :-)

    A distinction well deserved, as I too think you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I must have a girl! :) Except, she stretches "cute" into two syllables: "Oh, mommy, Addie's toes are sooo cue-it!" I love it. I've got to record it.

    ReplyDelete