My Purse

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him.
- Benjamin Franklin

I know Benjamin Franklin had many wise and pithy sayings. But this ain't one of them. Because if I emptied my purse into my head, I wouldn't be able to find my keys or my thoughts. So not only would nothing would get done around my house, but we wouldn't be able to escape the insanity when the
"pew-pew" hits the fan. Or the hallway carpet. Whichever is closest.

But this post isn't about Ben Franklin. It's about my purse, my literal purse, which I am now going to share with you thanks to a Handbag Tag from my new friend Michelle over at Military Mommy.

I wish I could say I had an adorable bag like this to show you. But I don't. Because I am an official Dull Purse Person (TM). For Pete's sake, my husband actually demanded that I replace my purse this past fall because a. I only had one purse at the time, a brown backpack-like purse I purchased at Target around the same time our daughter was born, and b. it looked like crap.


So here is what I ended up with -- another brown purse!

















Dramatic, no? Now the interior, which due to its lack of pockets I affectionately call The Black Hole.


















Wondering what secrets are hidden within those depths? Why, I'm frightened glad you asked.


















Glasses in red case which get worn infrequently; credit cards in black wallet which get used too frequently; keys; random hair paraphernalia; travel Kleenex; a pad of paper; Carmex; mints and gum because I am addicted enjoy coffee; keys; Purell hand sanitizer; sunglasses for me and the kids; a Shout wipe; a battered emery board; a Bible highlighter which I got at a Beth Moore conference last fall; two four-color pens so I can mark in said Bible; three other blue-ink pens, because I do not abide with black ink; and some white object I've been carrying around for months now that I've forgotten how to use.

Oh. And after I'd taken everything out of my purse?

















Like stars in the inky night sky are the crumbs in the bottom of a mom's purse.

I'm tagging my new bloggy friends Shalee at Shalee's Diner and Lisa at The Preacher's Wife, as well as my real-life friends Mindy and Becky, although I'll understand if any of them pass on this particular tag, since having the stuffings of one's purse revealed to the world can make a girl feel rather exposed.

7 comments:

  1. ***Shrieking and giggling with glee***

    I love this meme. Oh my goodness, I just do. This is just my kind of thing. :)

    Love the princess ring, love the hawaiian shirt on your key ring, love the kiddy drawing on the tablet, LOVE the crumbs! :)

    I am so glady you participated. It's been fun getting to know you better by peeking in your purse.

    Have a super fun weekend.
    Love Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly!

    What a hoot! I'd love to play..I imagine the experience will be somewhat humbling but fun all the same! I've got to pick up my camera tonight from my Sis In Law's house and I'll play tomorrow..:))

    Have a fun Friday night!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Like stars in the inky night sky are the crumbs in the bottom of a mom's purse."

    This is one of the funniest things I've heard!!

    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for you work and have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also had to come back and say I totally love that you love highlighters too! My Bible and every book I own are multi-colored when I am done! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. You want to know what's in my bag o crap? Well, okay but I'm at work, but I promise not to remove a thing and take the pictures tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, do I know the crumbs in the bottom of a purse. At least I can blame it on Caroline.

    ReplyDelete