Might I Direct Your Attention

My sister is visiting Minnesota this week -- which is a welcome distraction from Corey traveling yet again. (He's been gone 10 of the last 12 days. Bedtime is kicking my tail, my friends. Kicking my tail.)

We are thankful for the companionship. Emily, Luke and their kids Silas (3) and Eliana (1) are a total joy and a huge help.

But it also means we are go-go-go all day every day. So far, we've cruised the St. Croix on a perfect fall afternoon, we visited an apple orchard, we spent about four hours today at the Minnesota Children's Museum. We've eaten at Cafe Latte, Cosetta's, Byerly's (for breakfast, of course) and they brought us back three bags of donuts from The World's Best Donuts in Grand Marais. And all of that? Doesn't leave much time for blogging. (Not does it do much to push me toward losing that baby weight. But that's OK. I can lose it in December, right? Bwhahahaha.)

I did write a little ditty today for 5 Minutes for Parenting about what happens when Mom gets tired. (Are you sensing the theme here?)

I also wrote a piece for 5 Minutes for Parenting last week about why fall is making me slightly nauseous this year, and the week before that, I recorded all the wisdom I've gleaned over the years about breastfeeding. (Warning to my brothers: Do not click that final link. Hey, did you hear Randy Moss just got traded to the Vikings? Go read about that instead.)

And someday soon, I'll be writing here again as well.

In the meantime, if you need to sink into some deep thoughts, go read what my friend Jo at Mylestones wrote about wasting our lives, one list at a time. Or if you would rather party, check out the reason Allison loves a certain gummybear.

I hope you are enjoying your fall as much as me. And that bedtime is gentler to your tail.

Amen.

5 comments:

  1. Been missing you. Fall is finally here, as evidenced by the ragweed making me congested and draggy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is going to be gone the next 3 weeks. I only have 2 little ones, but I'm pretty sure bedtime will be kicking my tail bigtime. Because by then, every day, I.Am.Done.

    So I hear ya. Glad you have some company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see this update. I will go read your 5MFP posts soon. Persevere friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10 out of 12 days + 4 kids - 1 Dad = One SPENT Mama. I'm feeling for ya, sister. I know how hard that is to handle with only two--can't imagine it times four.
    Praying you get a break soon. Very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous I was not at work while you ate at Byerly's! That is if you ate at the Roseville one...Hope you enjoyed your meal and my fellow servers were nice to you =)

    ReplyDelete