Last Pregancy Journal Post

My final Pregnancy Journal post is up at 5 Minutes for Parenting today. It's about the oft-forgotten 10th month of pregnancy -- the month after baby arrives. (Note to Jon, my little brother: DO NOT CLICK THAT LINK. Thank you and have a nice day.)

I'll be honest with you -- I'm relieved, giddy even, to be over the pregnancy hump. Certainly, I've got a long road ahead of me before I fit into my old clothes again. And I suspect no shirt I wear this summer will be church-appropriate, thanks to the treasure chest I've acquired.

But early this week, when I dropped something on the kitchen floor and automatically sighed because -- hello, now I had to bend over and pick it up -- it suddenly occurred to me: I can bend over these days and get back up without help. I can walk the stairs to our house without needing oxygen. I can put on clothes and not pull my pants up and my shirt down every five minutes.

I'm not pregnant anymore. Instead I'm cuddling a newborn and regaining my body.

Woo-hoo!

2 comments:

  1. You nailed it.

    I remember after we dropped the boy off at friends' house on the way to the hospital at 5:00 am, all of a sudden I had an inward groan that had nothing to do with the contractions. . .remembering the messiness of post-delivery, especially the first 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete