"Work at Home" Winner

Holy cow. How is it Sunday already?

The beautiful weather is playing tricks with my mind. It's a little like the way the long daylight at this time of the year fools with dinner. One minute, you're standing in your driveway, watching your kids play tag, wondering if you should maybe go inside and think about starting dinner. The next minute, you're doing all sorts of gymnastics because you looked at your watch and saw that it's technically 7:30 PM already.

Never trust the sunlight this time of year; just enjoy it. That's my wise lesson for the day.

So the reason I'm stunned that it's Sunday already is that I had intended to post the winner for Mary Byer's book "Making Work at Home Work" Friday evening. But apparently, I got sucked in by "Shanghai Noon" (and I'm so honest and/or carefree that I'll admit that publicly, which says a lot, now that I think about it) and my brain was left so addled, I went straight to bed.

And yesterday was a blur of sunshine and a baby who acted tired but refused to sleep. As a result, I was held hostage most of the day, waiting for the nap that never came.

Which is all a long, lame, rambling excuse, really. But what's a blog for, right, except to ramble when you feel like it AND give away cool swag to your readers?

So, Sarah at themommylogues, commenter #4 on the book post, Random.org declares YOU ARE THE WINNER of the "Making Work at Home Work" book. In case you missed Sarah's original comment, here's what she had to say:
I've been doing freelance graphic design from home since my 4 year old was born. And I totally identify with Mylestones -- I've had more than one work phone call that's had to end because I hear "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, I pooped!" in the background. Good times.
Yes. And I'm writing this with Teyla doing a pole dance on my right leg, whining and crying and wiping strings of snot all over my formerly clean pajamas.

We are a glamorous bunch, are we not?

So happy Sunday, Sarah, and to the rest of you, I've got EVEN MORE swag to giveaway in the coming days. I'll leave this as a teaser: CFA.

And now I've got to go change a stinky diaper. Why should Sunday be different than any other day?

3 comments:

  1. I'm still bitter that neither I, nor my @$$ won the Ben and Jerry's giveaway - but YAY for Sarah. (LOVE her... LOVE all my MN peeps.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
    I need this book so badly, and will probably ignore my children for a week while I read it. Which again, points to how badly I need it.

    Thanks again! I hope you're enjoying our fabulous MN weather this weekend!

    And thanks, Soliloquy -- LOVE you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. " And I'm writing this with Teyla doing a pole dance on my right leg, whining and crying and wiping strings of snot all over my formerly clean pajamas."

    That's good stuff, Kelly. What imagery!

    And congrats to Sarah!

    ReplyDelete