Thanksgiving Dinner 2008: The Final Cut

First, I'd just like to say to the recipes who auditioned for Love Well Thanksgiving 2008, you are all winners. Truly, each one of you has something unique that you bring to the table, be it comfort or flair or beta-carotene. I wish I could give each of you a serving dish come Thursday.

But as you all know, there isn't room for everyone. I spent the last several days going over your ingredients list again, and I've finally reached a decision on who will be apart of Thanksgiving Dinner 2008. The final selections are:

Good Eats Roast Turkey
Pioneer Woman's Delicious, Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Simple Stuffing with Mushrooms
Roasted Harvest Vegetables
Green Bean, Watercress and Fried Shallots Salad
Homemade Rolls (emeritus)
Pan Gravy
Land O' Lakes Apple Pie
Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Pie

Those of you who made the cut, I'll see you tomorrow morning. Pie crusts, you'll be up first. Homemade rolls, you're right behind them.

And to the rest of you, don't lose heart. You'll go right back in my recipe box. There's always next year.

8 comments:

  1. Yuuuummmmyyy!!!
    Becca
    www.beccasfreshfruit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds SOOO good! I can't believe you do all of that yourself! I'm too scared to attempt a Thanksgiving by myself!

    Oh, and I'm a huge fan of Good Eats too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to have wonderful food for Thanksgiving! I pray your day will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! We always make the same food, save the salads, which are brought by guests. I wouldn't mind changing it up year to year, but my mother would have none of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man! I was really voting for the brussels this year. Oh,well. Maybe next.
    This was very cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And now I am starving and won't be having any Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.
    Stupid Canadian October Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had the Good Eats roast turkey. Every year. My husband is an Altonhead.

    The turkey is always fabulous. I jwish it was more simple. But why am I complaining? My husband does all the work every year when it comes to the turkey.

    ReplyDelete