Whirlwind

Whew. What a trip.

It was wonderful to see Nannie. She'll be 95 this October, and while the years have taken their toll on her memory, she's still my Nannie.

She was thrilled to meet Teyla (although I don't think she'll remember it), and she was "overcome" that we had come to see her. "This is the biggest surprise of my life!" she exclaimed time and time again. "I just don't know if I can take it!"

Teyla and I flew home last night -- only to unpack, do some laundry and repack for the Love Well Annual Up North Vacation. I'm typing this from the shore of Lake Superior, where we plan to spend the next few days taking in some serious fall color.

More to come. (I'm like a correspondent for my own blog now, aren't I?)

Including -- especially -- pictures.

11 comments:

  1. AUGH! I just wrote a comment and it got lost.
    I said, What a great pic of the 4 generations of women all together, and it's fun to see the family resemblance between you all.
    Have a great vacation! I can't wait to see pics of the fall colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous! I went to college in Duluth, and fall makes me just ache for the north shore. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait for the foliage pics... thanks for posting the picture of nannie. i still think teyla has her eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got to see your Nannie! You will remember even if she doesn't. Enjoy your time with the fam :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it that she was so excited. Even if she doesn't remember, it made her day. And you'll remember that. I'm so jealous that you're up north. This fall has been so great. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So precious!
    And I can only imagine how beautiful the lake must be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly! I have just spent awhile reading through a goodly portion of your blog. I'm so looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks at the MN Get-together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh. up nort'.

    I'm jealous, It's so so beautiful right now in MN. Even better up there, I'm sure! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WONDERFUL picture! You will treasure that forever. Enjoy the fall color. Ours is just starting in the Ozark Mts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That 4 generation shot is a keeper, it was awesome that you made the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this picture of your family. I had a picture taken with my mom and grandma and Jack when Jack was only 3 weeks old. I always think time spent with family is time well invested...and if you look really good in the pictures taken during that time? It's a bonus. :)

    ReplyDelete